These days many passengers are booking train tickets online when compared to the direct booking at railway stations. There has been a tremendous increase in the number of passengers traveling from one place to another place over the years. This demand forced the IRCTC to launch a tatkal ticket booking. Under this, passengers can book the ticket just one day prior to their journey date. The features of the tatkal ticket are described here.
IRCTC offers Tatkal ticket booking services through its seamless, convenient and user friendly portal. By using this online portal, you can book the tickets and know the tatkal ticket booking timings, train schedule, seat availability and ticket prices. The main points of ticket booking under this quota are given below:
- Tatkal tickets can be booked at railway ticket counters or through online IRCTC.
- Extra charges for this ticket under Tatkal quota.
- You can book the tickets under this quota one day in advance.
- Tatkal booking was open for AC classes at 10:00 AM and for non-AC classes at 11:00 AM on the previous day of journey excluding date of journey from the originating station.
- Anyone can make the reservation under this scheme is available only up to the time of preparation of charts.
- Under this scheme change of name is not permitted.
- You can do only 2 tickets from 1 user id or single IP address.
- You can book a maximum of 4 passengers per ticket or single PNR under this quota.
- You can book tickets under this quota for all classes except First AC and Executive class.
- Ladies and general quota cannot be opted for along with this quota.
- No duplicate tickets are issued except in exceptional cases. In that case, you have to pay full fare including Tatkal charges.
- No concession is allowed.
- Majority of the tickets under Tatkal quota get booked within minutes.
Indian Railways Tatkal Ticket Booking Procedure
Indian Railways was started on 16th of April 1853 and the first train was run between Bombay and Thane. It was nationalized in 1951. Today, it is the largest rail network in Asia and the world’s second-largest network operated under single management. In 1997, Indian Railways was introduced Tatkal train ticket booking. This booking is for those passengers who want to travel at short notice or immediate or last-minute travel plans. The procedure for booking the tickets under this scheme is given below:
- For manual booking, just visit the nearest railway station.
- Fill the requisition slip with the details of your name, age, sex (M/F), date of journey, train name or train number and coach details.
- Submit this requisition slip at the counter and pay the fare including Tatkal charges and get your reserved train ticket.
- For internet booking, just visit the IRCTC official website.
- After login to the website select the date of journey, train name or number and fill the all of your details with captcha then pay the fare and get your journey details through SMS.
Tatkal Ticket Booking Under IRCTC Pay Later Option
One of the best schemes announced by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is paying later scheme. By using this scheme customers can book the Tatkal train tickets and get at their doorstep. The complete details of this scheme are given below:
- While booking the tatkal reserved tickets at the IRCTC portal, customers have the option to get the ticket at the doorstep.
- After getting the ticket at your doorstep, you have to pay the bill via cash, debit card or credit card.
- Using this option you can save payment time and increase the options of the confirmed booking ticket.
- A hard copy of the reserved train ticket will be delivered within 24 hours at your doorstep. And also they can send SMS and Email.
Tatkal Train Ticket Booking Charges
The Tatkal charges per passenger in addition to the normal ticket. These charges have been fixed. For the second class, it is 10% of basic fare. And for all the other classes, it is 30%. The charges range from Rs.10 to R.s400.
Cancellation Charges of Tatkal Ticket
The cancellation charges of ticket booked under Tatkal quota are given below:
- No refund is provided on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets. Whereas in case of canceled waitlisted tickets under this quota, charges will be deducted as per existing railways rules.
- Refund for RAC or waitlist – IF the passengers cancel the tickets before 30 minutes of scheduled departure.
- For more details visit the IRCTC official website.
Now a day’s Tatkal ticket is one of the best features introduced by Indian Railways. It is the best option for those who are not planned their journey in advance. If you have any quires about Tatkal train ticket booking then reach the IRCTC or Indian Railways at email@example.com. And also you can contact them through the customer care number 011-39340000. This is available at 24X7 Hrs.